The St. John’s County School District has compiled some excellent resources for students and their families. You can visit the Mental Health and Wellness Portal at the link below.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, text “CARE4U” to 741741 or call The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 911 immediately.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (also Deaf & Hard of Hearing and En Espanol) https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 (Call, text or chat) https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453 https://www.childhelp.org/
- Florida Department of Children & Families 1-800-962-2873 (Call or online) http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/abuse-hotline
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (Call or chat, Deaf & Hard of Hearing, also En Espanol) http://www.thehotline.org/
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-8453 (Call, text or chat, also En Espanol) http://www.loveisrespect.org/
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-4673 (Call or Chat, also En Espanol) https://www.rainn.org/
- National Eating Disorder Helpline: 1-800-931-2237 (Call, text or chat, many languages available) https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/help-support/contact-helpline
- Crisis Text Line- Free 24/7 online support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to connect with a trained Crisis Counselor.
Death and Grief Resources:
Online Counseling- Children’s Home Society telehealth:
Healthy Coping Skills:
Great article detailing anxiety problems in children and adolescents:
Mental Health Awareness Resources:
- For parents and caregivers
- Teens & Young Adults
- Diverse Communities